Welcome to Corel’s Painter Poem Competition – an exciting competition to get your creative and artistic ideas flowing! Whether you are a budding artist, hobbyist or Painter fan, you will have the chance to win a Wacom Intuos3 Special Edition A5 Wide graphics tablet.
To enter this exciting new competition and be in with a chance to win some amazing prizes, follow these simple steps:
- Download your free 30-day trial version of the award-winning Corel Painter X, the world’s most powerful painting and illustration software.
- Select one of twelve great PDF children’s poems from the choice below, download it to your computer and become familiar with it.
- Using the poem you have chosen and with your downloaded trial of Corel Painter X, you are now ready to illustrate all or part of the poem, so let your creativity run wild at this point.
- When your work of art is complete and you are happy to reveal it, simply submit your via email to email@example.com
A Present For Tree
My Friend The Tree
The Broken Stapler
The Melancholy Mermaid
The Stomach That Knew No Defeat
Chicken Makes Good
The Acrobatic Elephant
The Capricious Potato
The Romance Of Condiments
The Troublesome Leek
All entries must be received by Corel no later than Monday 12th January 2009.
Click here for some really handy tutorials giving you useful advice on how to use Painter X to help you get started.
You can also pick up a copy of the Official Corel Painter Magazine for a host of ideas, tutorials and advice!
So, get creative with Corel Painter X today and enter our competition for your chance to win the prize.
Corel Painter Poem Competition
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION IS NECESSARY. A purchase, payment or donation will not increase or improve your chances of winning.
- ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to residents within the European Union, excluding wholesalers, retailers and other businesses selling any Corel software or services, employees and families of Corel UK Limited or its affiliates (“Corel”), Corel’s agents, and anyone involved in the administration of this promotion. The Contest is subject to all federal, local, provincial, state and governmental laws, rules and regulations. Entrants must be over the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. The Contest is void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
- DURATION OF CONTEST: The Contest is open continuously from 2400h GMT on July 28, 2008 to 2359h GMT on January 15, 2009. Corel’s computer is the official time keeping device for the receipt of entries for this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contestants must download a free trial version of Corel® PainterTM X from the Corel website and use this software to illustrate one of the poems provided by Corel. The entries received by Corel under the below Sections A and B will be gathered and combined and only five (5) winners from all combined entries will be selected. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person under this Section 4. There are two (2) ways to enter:
A. EMAIL: You may enter the Contest by submitting one (1) original, illustrated poem created with Corel Painter X to Corel at firstname.lastname@example.org, between 2400h GMT on July 28, 2008 and 2359h GMT on January 15, 2009.
B. MAIL: You may enter the Contest by submitting one (1) original, illustrated poem created with Corel Painter X to Corel on CD-ROM, and legibly hand printing your name, date of birth, address, email address, postal code and daytime phone number on a piece of paper and mail to Corel UK Limited to the attention of The Corel Painter Poem Competition, Attn: Carsten Wunderlich, Corel UK Limited, Sapphire Court, Bell Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1BU. Contest entries must be received by Corel on or before January 15, 2009. Corel assumes no responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected or postage due mail.
- PRIZE(S) AVAILABLE and ODDS OF WINNING: Each original, illustrated poem completed, sent to Corel as set out in Section 4 and received by Corel on or before January 15 2009, shall be judged on the criteria set out below and prizes shall be awarded as follows.
1st Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prize (suggested value of £280): one (1) Wacom Intuos3 Special Edition A5 Wide USB.
2nd Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prizes (suggested value of £152.16): one Limited Edition Corel Painter X Can.
3rd Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prize (suggested value of £152.16): one Limited Edition Corel Painter X Can.
4th Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prizes (suggested value of £152.16): one Limited Edition Corel Painter X Can.
5th Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prize (suggested value of £152.16): one Limited Edition Corel Painter X Can.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE SELECTION: Five (5) prize winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received by a panel of judges, to be held on or about February 6, 2009, conducted by Corel or its designee. Winners will be chosen by the decision of the judges of the promotion, whose decisions will be final in respect of any matters relating to the promotion. Entries will be judged on artistic ability, composition and creativity. The winners will be notified by e-mail, telephone or postal mail shortly after the Contest closes. If a winner cannot be located or does not respond to e-mail, mail or voice contacts within fourteen (14) days of the drawing, his/her prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternative entrant. Where required by law, the selected entrant may be required to answer, unassisted, an arithmetical skill testing question and such skill testing question must first be determined by Corel to be correct prior to being declared a winner. In the event the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be awarded to the next selected winner (subject to correctly answering the skill testing question if applicable) and additional winners will be selected until all prizes have been awarded. The prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, where lawful, within twenty-one (21) days of notification. Non-compliance may result in forfeiture of prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize and selection of an alternate winner at the sole discretion of Corel.
- PRIZE AWARDING: The prizes cannot be transferred or substituted and must be accepted as awarded. Please allow 8-10 weeks for prize delivery. By accepting a prize, the winners consent to the use of their name, city of residence, and likeness in any matters related to this Contest, without further consideration, including in any related advertising or promotion (except where prohibited by law) by Corel. The prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, where lawful, within twenty one (21) days of notification. Non-compliance may result in forfeiture of a prize. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant of any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that Corel, their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents are not responsible for any loss or damage to person or property due in whole or in part to the possession, acceptance or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest, including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property and/or rights of publicity or privacy.
- WINNERS LIST: The Contest winner will be posted on Corel’s website at www.corel.co.uk.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Corel. Corel is not responsible for scrambled entries, or computer, system, or phone line hardware, software or program malfunctions, network interruptions or errors all whether human or electronic. In the event the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Corel, Corel reserves the right to terminate the Contest. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all such entries as well as the entrant.
- RELEASE: By entering this Contest, the entrants agree to release and hold harmless Corel, each of its respective related companies, and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- SUBMITTING CONTENT: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS AND CANNOT CONTAIN COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS OF ANY KIND. All entrants who submit digital images, artwork, illustrations, photographs, clipart or other images, screen captures, digital files, endorsements or videos, including related music and scripts (“Content”) to Corel under this Contest irrevocably grant to Corel the perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use, re-use, modify, reproduce, publish, display, distribute and/or otherwise transmit the Content or any reproduction thereof provided by such entrant and any picture, likeness, image, representation, negative, transparency, print, digital information, thereto or indicia, in whole or in part derived there from (collectively referred to as the “Representation”), with or without description, for all purposes including without limitation advertising, trade, display, exhibition and editorial use, in all territories, in perpetuity, in all manner and media including electronically generated images and any other media, known or unknown, without limitation whatsoever. All entrants irrevocably grant to Corel the right to make changes and/or additions to the Representation, whether true or fictional. All entrants hereby agrees to waive and release any right that entrant may have to inspect and approve the finished product or copy that may be used in connection with the Representation and/or the use to which it may be applied. All entrants do hereby waive their moral rights in the Representation in favor of Corel including the right to restrain or claim damages for any distortion, mutilation, or other modification of the Representation or any part thereof whatsoever, the right to be associated with the Representation and the right to restrain any use, reproduction, distortion, mutilation or other modification of the Representation in connection with any product or service. All entrants hereby release, discharge and agree to defend, indemnify and save harmless Corel from any losses, damages, costs, expenses and claims whatsoever, whether foreseen or unforeseen, associated with the artistic use of the Representation. All entrants hereby represent that he/she is the artist/photographer/videographer and sole owner of the Representation and has all right, title and interest in and to the Representation, is of full age and has the right to enter into, waive and assign the rights waived and assigned. All entrants shall ensure that he/she has obtained all required model, image and property releases for creation of the Representation and shall provide signed copies of same to Corel upon Corel’s request.
- TAX INFORMATION: All taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner agrees to provide any required information necessary to satisfy taxing authorities and to allow Corel to prepare and submit any required documentation related thereto prior to the award of their prizes.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
(a) Corel is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims responsibility for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest.
(b) Corel and each of their officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns: (i) disclaim the making of any warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning the prizes or any individual prize, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use of the prizes or from participation in this Contest.
(c) Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (ii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow these limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- DISPUTES: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the United Kingdom. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Corel in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United Kingdom, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the United Kingdom or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: This Contest is conducted in English. All materials submitted become the property of Corel and none will be returned. Corel reserves the right to change these Contest rules or cancel the Contest at any time in its sole discretion.
© 2008 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel and Painter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in Canada, the U.S. and/or other countries.