Give the super heroes in your life an adventure everyone will love.
We all like pictures that tell us a story. Even better are stories we can tell using pictures. Use your family, friends or even pets for inspiration and come up with a funny, zany, action-packed adventure you can capture in your own comic strip! Pick some of your favorite photos or snap some new ones and see how easy it is to create your own amazing comic creation with Corel software.
Create your own comic book cover with CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X3
Create your own comic book cover with this easy template. With CorelDRAW X3's new Smart Fill tool you can easily color in your own vector outlines.
What you'll need:
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3
- Download this file. It has all components you'll need to complete this tutorial.
When you complete this tutorial, you'll be able to:
- Customize your own comic book cover
- Use Smart Fill to color
- Open ComicBook.cdt template.
- Open the Object Manager docker from Windows menu and select Dockers and Object Manager.
- Select the layer called "Your Cover Image".
- Select the image or images you want to import and place on the cover by pressing Ctrl + I or going to the File menu and select Import.
- Your cursor will show you the name and size of the image you're currently importing. Click and drag to position and size each image or click once to import the image at full size.
- Use the pick tool to adjust size and position, if needed.
- Using the pick tool, double click on text to edit. The title text has been distorted, so you will need to select the text and click the Edit Text button on the property bar to enter new text in the envelope.
Using the new Smart Fill tool in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 you can now quickly and easily add color to vector shapes or to any overlapping vector lines.
- Select the Content layer in the Object Manager.
- Select the Smart Fill tool and, in the property bar, choose a fill and outline color, then click on the area of your vector image you wish to color. In this example, we chose the Content layer in the Object Manager and colored an action-packed WHAM!
Using the smart fill tool created new objects on top of the original image, so it's important to group the objects before moving or resizing them.
- Save as PDF
That's it! Now you can reproduce your comic book cover and share it with everyone!
Plus you can save 15% when you print it as a poster or get it printed on a t-shirt by webshots.com, when you order CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 before May 15!
Here's what else you can do for the super heroes in your life!
If you don't own all of these products, don't worry. All Corel products come with a "Buy It & Try It" no-risk 30 Day Money-back Guarantee!
Plus you can try any Corel product through our Free Trial Download program. It' s a great way to see just what you can do with Corel software.