Painter 2016 Update 1
- Readme Notes
Painter 2016 Update 1 will update the initial release of Painter 2016 to the latest version.
Support for OS X El Capitan
- Lag and performance issues have been fixed.
- Monitor screen no longer goes black when you exit Split View mode from a Painter document.
New color profile available
- The new Corel Painter default color profile sRGB_IEC61966-2-1 black scaled displays improved contrast for most systems. For more information about the profile, visit the International Color Consortium (ICC) website http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter#v2.
- (Mac OS X El Capitan) If you experience color display issues, we recommend you use the new color profile.
The following actions no longer cause Painter 2016 to stop responding:
- opening a JPG image, creating a new layer, enabling Pick Up Underlying Color, and then trying to paint with a Dynamic Speckle Impasto variant
- (Mac OS) opening a RIF file that is created on Windows and contains fonts that are not supported on Mac
- collapsing shape layers
- committing a transformation to a reference layer
- You can now hide visual tooltips by clicking Edit > Preferences > General, disabling the Text and images or Text only option, and restarting Painter.
- You can now flip a selection horizontally or vertically by clicking Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
- We recommend you use Edit > Flip Horizontal or Edit > Flip Vertical only to flip shapes.
- Now any content that you add to a custom palette during multiple Painter sessions is properly saved with the palette.
- You no longer need to remove spaces at the beginning of ABR variant filenames before saving the variants.
- Thumbnails of RIF files display correctly on systems that run both Painter 2015 and Painter 2016.
- The Find more brushes online... control in the Brush Selector now changes dynamically when new brush packs are available.
- Ditigal Watercolor Dynamic Speckle variants now use the Gel composite method by default.
- (Mac OS) Launching Painter by opening a file no longer results in an error if the Welcome screen is set to open on startup.
||Version Number of Initial Release
||Version Number of Update 1