CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 - Readme Notes
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Service Pack 1
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Service Pack 2
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Service Pack 3
Included with this service pack is Corel CONNECT version 2. This version includes fixes and new functionality to allow you to search for content from external content providers and from the content libraries found in previous versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5.
Searching for content from iStockphoto, fotolia and Flickr
iStockphoto and fotolia
With iStockphoto and fotolia you can search through millions of images available on their web-sites. The images returned are low resolution comp images that are also watermarked. In addition, the comp images are linked to their original location on the vendors' website. By using a new menu item, "Open Comp Source", you can navigate directly to the original image on the website . This is where you can purchase the image so you can use them in your projects. A new menu item was also added to the applications called "Replace Comp", which lets you substitute the comp image with a downloaded image . When replacing the comp image with a downloaded image , the applications map the size, rotation , and skew of the comp image to the purchased image. However, the image effects and adjustments are not preserved when replacing the comp image with a purchased image.
On Flickr, you can perform searches on "The Commons" and "Creative Commons". The "Creative Commons" is where users upload their photos, and then CONNECT returns results that were tagged by their owners as either Attribution No Derivative or Attribution Non-Commercial Non Derivative license. For more information about the Creative Commons , see http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons. In the region called "The Commons",you will find thousands of copyright free images , which includes images that were donated by museums around the world. Images from Flickr are also marked as "Comp" images and you must contact the owner of the image for permission to include it in your project. The print resolution of the images that you download from Flickr is defined by the original image. With images from Flickr, you should not need to replace the image with a higher resolution image later.
CGS previous version content
CONNECT version 2 now searches the content libraries from the previous versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. You have two options for searching for previous version content: 1) Insert the DVD/CD in the drive ; or 2) If the files were copied to your computer, you can configure CONNECT to search them. If you want to use the DVD/CD , you can insert the DVD/CD in the drive and then the library appears in the Libraries pane. If you previously copied the files to your hard disk, then click on the Libraries pane, select the version of CGS you would like to configure, and then use the Locate source (Photos/Objects, Clipart, Professional Photos) buttons to point to the folder that contains the content. Once CONNECT can verify the files are on your computer , the library appears in the Libraries pane.
RAW Camera Support
RAW Camera Support has been extended for the following cameras:
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV and PowerShots G11 and S90
- Casio EX-Z750
- Pentax K-x
- Fuji SX200EXR
- Sony A550
- We addressed the top Windows Error Reporting (WER) issues in SP1. Note: We review the WER reports on a regular basis, therefore, we strongly encourage you to send us a WER report if you encounter an error.
- Improved proofing to better support profile simulations for all colour models.
- Added LCMS as a color engine to support color conversions that deal with version 4 ICC color profiles on Windows XP. It will be used in the background if Windows ICM is selected on Windows XP and version 4 ICC color profiles are in use.
- Enhanced support for Pantone Huey lighting compensation.
- Enhanced file filters for the following file formats: AI, CGM, DSF/DRW, EMF, EPS, JPG, PDF, TIF, WMF and VSD; as a result, you will experience improvements when importing and/or exporting the file formats.
- When printing files that contain overprints, the separations in the print preview will not display unless Simulate Overprints is enabled in the View Menu. However, the overprint will be maintained in the output, whether the option is enabled or not.
- For printers that require a document to be sent to the queue several times
to print multiple copies, a switch must be added to the corelprn.ini file.
To add the switch, do the following:
- Locate the corelprn.ini file by opening the Run window and typing “%appdata%” (no quotes), pressing Enter, and navigating to the \Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Config Folder.
- Open the file with a text editor.
- Locate the section that details your printer’s information i.e.: [Driver-NT-NAME of PRINTER], then add a hard return below it and add the following: “EmulateCopy=1” (no quotes)
- Save the file and restart CorelDraw. Your printer should now be able to print multiple copies.
- Resolved a number of stability issues when you have many dockers (e.g. Undo docker, Extrude docker, Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer docker) open in the workspace.
- Resolved stability issues when copying and pasting groups that contain vector effects, dimensions, and connectors.
- Enhanced the performance of working with Artistic Media objects that were created in a previous version.
- Improved results when opening files that were created in a previous version and also include transformed objects, such as callouts, rectangles with envelopes or linear gradients, Artistic Media objects, and transparency gradients. This may result in transparency gradients appearing differently after applying the SP1 update; however, the appearance will be consistent with opening the files in a previous version.
- Added the ability to use Paste Special to paste CorelDRAW objects that are copied to the clipboard into supporting applications.
- Added the ability to tab through the options in the New Document/Image dialog box after applying a preset.
- Improved curve editing operations, such as Join Curves or Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer, on B-Spline curves.
- Enabled Object preview when transforming grouped objects that had shaping operations applied to them.
- Improved convert outline to object results when using various line endings.
- Resolved the issue of objects 'auto-duplicating' on-screen after viewing full screen videos.
- Enhanced rendering results when working with a document or image palette.
- Improved spot colour functionality within the document/image palette.
- Added the ability to add tints of spot colors to palettes.
- Added the ability to perform name searches within spot color palettes.
- Corrected issues with corrupted default settings in pattern fills within the dialog.
- Improved text functions when working with text outside the Latin codepage.
- Maintained character Shift properties when performing a copy/paste operation.
- Resolved the corruption of Spot colour density values when reported through a VBA script.
- Corrected the display of objects in the objects docker. Objects will now display with a transparent background (the transparent background is represented as a checker board pattern).
- Replaced the white image background with no background in images that had a lens or multiple lenses applied.
Bitstream Font Navigator
- Enhanced support for Type 1 fonts.
- Improved functions, such as copying and moving of fonts, and browsing folders.
- If you install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 after installing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and then decide to modify or repair the CorelDRAW Graphics installation, the VSTA component in the installer dialog box will be disabled by default, which causes VSTA to be uninstalled. To address this issue, please install Service Pack 1 of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
- Stability is improved when you edit curve segments using the Virtual Segment Delete tool, Reduce Nodes and the Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer. Curves edited with these tools were previously interpreted as invalid.
- DeviceN bitmaps that contain Lab colors generate errors when you use Ghost Script 8.70 or earlier versions. Support of PostScript Level 3 is required for such bitmaps.
- Ghost Script Ver. 9.00 renders Spot colors with overprints incorrectly
- You can delete all color styles in a document with one click. Open the Color Styles docker, select the document folder that contains multiple color styles in the Color Styles docker, and click the new Delete Color Styles button.
- PANTONE PLUS process and spot color palettes have been included for use in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. These palettes are updated versions of the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM and contain new colors as well as updated Lab, RGB and CMYK equivalent colors. Files created in the GM or SP1 version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5, and previous versions, will continue to use the colors from the older palettes files so they will have the same appearance when opened in SP2. If you are opening an EPS, PDF, PSD or AI file that has a color included in both the old and new palettes, you are prompted to choose which palette you would like to use. You can also set an application preference to use the older or new palettes from Tools>Options>Global>Color.
- The default spot color palette, which is the palette selected on the Palettes tab of the Color docker, can now be set on the Color page of the Tools dialog box if you want to use a different palette than the current default.
- Export AI: In order maintain enhanced line styles (created in Corel DESIGNER) in your file, you must select the option Convert Outline to Object in the AI export dialog box.
- Export AI: To maintain arrowheads in the exported file, lines ending arrowheads must be converted to objects prior to export.
- Very large images are no longer downsampled in the Export dialog boxes
The RAW libraries were updated to support the following new camera models as well as A100 images modified by Sony software.
- Fuji FinePix S200EXR
- Fuji FinePix S5100/S5500
- Kodak Z981
- OLYMPUS E-P2
- Panasonic DMC-G1
- Panasonic DMC-G2
- SONY DSLR-A450
- Canon SX20 IS
- Samsung EX1
- Samsung WB550 and NX10, Casio EX-Z1050, and Fuji HS10/HS11
- Canon EOS 550D / Digital Rebel T2i / Kiss Digital X4
|Application||Version Number of Initial Release||Version Number with Service Pack 1||Version Number with Service Pack 2|
CorelDRAW X5 Service Pack 3
- You can export large bitmaps by using the Export for Web dialog box without issues.
- You can now open JPEG-compressed TIFF files that were exported from PhotoZoom.
- When moving a group with Envelope or Perspective effects applied to objects, you will no longer encounter display issues.
- CMYK colors are maintained in mesh fills after grid or intersection settings are changed.
- You can change settings in PowerTRACE without encountering issues.
- Grey pixels no longer appear when fountain fills with no outlines are converted to bitmaps.
- When you zoom in and out while using Adobe CMM, CMYK spot colors in objects filled from the document palette are now displayed properly.
- Pantone colors in the Document palette are saved as Pantone colors not custom spot colors.
- English symbols are placed correctly in Hebrew text.
- Pasting large amounts of Turkish text into a paragraph text frame no longer crashes the application.
- Anti-aliasing is applied consistently to both objects and text converted to objects.
- The Virtual Segment Delete tool recognizes the correct part of the curve to be deleted.
- Mesh fill sizes are maintained when a file is saved to version 14 and re-opened.
- Zooming in and out on a bitmap with transparency no longer crashes the application.
- Convert to Bitmap controls on customized toolbars are enabled and disabled correctly.
- Changing the page resolution no longer impacts the outline thickness that you specify in the Object Properties docker.
- Hovering over un unselected Perfect Shape glyph with the Pick tool no longer crashes the application.
- Panose font substitution is displayed correctly for files with missing fonts.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT X5
- The application no longer crashes when you paste captures of your screen (Print Scrn) in new images and use mask tools to create new objects.
- Performing Copy, Paste and Combine with Background tasks sequentially no longer crashes the application.
- The Replace Color dialog box now correctly displays selected colors.
- The application now starts faster when you double-click a .cpt file.
- When you flip an object by dragging, its size is maintained.
- Using the Channels docker with 48-Bit RGB files no longer crashes the application.
- Combining objects using the shortcut key works like the docker or menu command.
Corel CONNECT X5
- Font thumbnails are displayed correctly on Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Search results and favorites in Corel CONNECT are maintained after applying previous service packs.
- Pages containing text under lenses print properly.
- AI - Full colour pattern fills now export without overprint flag turned on by default.
- AI/PDF/EPS - Spot colors in mesh fills are preserved accurately during import.
- AI - Fills in open curves are preserved in imported files.
- When you have GhostScript installed, ESP files converted to PDF no longer appear blank.
- PDF - Symbol locations are maintained on export.
- You can now open PDF files containing black-and-white images and save them without encountering a save error.
- EPS files converted to PDF files are imported correctly when you have GhostScript installed.
- SVG file sizes have been decreased.
The RAW libraries were updated to support the following new camera models.
- Updated color matrices
- Read correct camera WB from Nikon NRW and Samsung SRW files
- High-ISO images from the Samsung WB2000
- Nikon D3100, D7000, P7000
- Panasonic FZ40, FZ100, LX5
- Samsung WB2000
- Nokia X2
- Canon SX120, PowerShot G12
- Hasselblad H4D
- Sony SLT-A33, SLT-A55V
|Application||Version Number of Initial Release||Version Number with Service Pack 1||Version Number with Service Pack 2||Version Number with Service Pack 3|