CorelDRAW® Technical Suite X6 and CorelDRAW Technical Pack for Graphics Suite X6 – Service Pack 1
- Notes in Corel DESIGNER templates from the General > Architectural or Engineering category are displayed in the correct language.
- When you right-click and drag to copy a linked callout, only the callout is copied, not the linked object.
- You can now edit inserted 3D models.
- When you edit and navigate 3D models in Corel DESIGNER, the user interface appears in the language of the application.
XVL Studio 3D (CAD) Corel Edition
- Outline support has been added for sending illustrations from XVL Studio to Corel DESIGNER. When this option is used, the illustrations sent from XVL Studio show fillable outlines for each part in Corel DESIGNER. The Outline option is enabled by default.
- The following controls have been added to the Illustration toolbar.
- Specify View — opens the Set View dialog box and lets you specify the view direction
- Register Viewpoint — registers the current viewpoint so that it can be easily applied by using the Reflect Viewpoint feature
- Reflect Viewpoint — applies the registered viewpoint
- The Show Range control has been added to the Send to Corel DESIGNER dialog box. This option lets you show the output range of illustrations.
- It is now easier to import U3D and DWG files.
- Cyrillic characters used in file and path names are supported.
- XVL Studio 3D CAD Corel Edition only:
- IGES and STEP file import has been updated and enhanced
- File format support has been updated for the following file formats:
- 3D XML 2013
- CATIA Graphics Representation V5-6R2012 (R22)
- CATIA V5 V5-6R2012 (R22)
- Inventor 2013
- Parasolid v25.0
- Solid Edge ST5
- SolidWorks 2013
- NX 8.5
Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW
- Transparency merge modes are correctly retained in objects that are converted to bitmaps.
- The Vignette bitmap effect works as expected on transparent bitmaps.
Color and color styles
- Color harmonies can be edited by using harmony rules and adding spot colors.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when color styles from two documents are merged or after other operations related to color styles.
- Color styles can be converted to spot colors, preserving the original tint.
- When color styles are converted to grayscale and then to spot colors, the final results are no longer white spot colors.
- Unrecognized spot colors no longer cause slow performance.
Importing and exporting files
- Merge modes in fills and transparencies are reproduced correctly in documents that are saved as bitmaps.
- Adobe Illustrator (AI) files that contain mesh fills with merge modes applied are now imported properly.
- Dimension lines in imported Micrografx Designer 9 files are displayed correctly.
- Exporting only selected objects to an Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file no longer results in a multipage file.
- Filenames (titles) are preserved in exported PDF files.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when exporting a document that contains perspective lenses to a PDF file.
- Bullets that use the font CommonBullets are preserved in exported PDF files.
- When exporting to a PLT/HPGL file, the last used pen library remains selected on the Pen page of the HPGL export dialog box for future export operations.
- Adjustment effects such as Brightness/Contrast/Intensity, Gamma and Color Balance work as expected when applied to vector objects.
- Updating text in certain files from older versions no longer changes the text font attributes.
- The Fit Text to Path feature works as expected.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when trying to bring up the Edit Text dialog box for text frames that contain empty lines or when opening files that contain cloned text.
Opening and saving files
- Arrowheads in .DES and .CDR files saved to version 12 are preserved.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when opening certain files from older versions.
- Hyperlinks are preserved in saved files.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when printing files that contain imported EPS files.
- Disabled colors do not appear in the final output when you print color separations.
- Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW no longer stop responding when the Interactive Fill tool is used.
- When working with a custom workspace, you can use the Alt key with the Polyline tool to draw circular arcs.
- Selecting and deleting nodes with the Shape tool in certain files no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Mask feathering works as expected.
- You can choose different anti-aliasing settings for text from the property bar.
- Undocking the Connect docker no longer results in duplicated tray content.