CorelDRAW® Technical Suite X6 and CorelDRAW Technical Pack for Graphics Suite X6 – Service Pack 2
The enhancements and improvements included in Service Pack 2 are described in the following sections:
Corel DESIGNER, CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT
Enhanced and improved application features
- Spot colors no longer show with incorrect names or are displayed in black.
- Transformations applied to embedded bitmaps in Corel DESIGNER X6 and CorelDRAW X6 are now preserved and re-applied when editing the bitmap in Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6.
- Mirrored text is now displayed correctly in a table when setting the margins to 0.
- External symbols with styles/style sets assigned are updated correctly.
- Placing a symbol from an external library using a style with the same name, but different properties no longer causes the application to crash.
- Grid settings using decimal points (i.e. 12.5 mm) are now displayed correctly in the drawing.
- Older barcode files are now recognized as Barcode objects in Corel DESIGNER X6.
File Import/ Export
- CGM (v4) export:
- ActiveCGM profile: All line types are now displayed correctly in the ActiveCGM browser.
- Bold formatted text now maintains the correct font weight.
- Text styles applied to text objects no longer result in duplicated characters.
- CGM import:
- CGMv4 - ATA GREX profile: Arcs are no longer displayed as closed curves.
- CGMv4 - ATA GREX profile: Files can now be opened in Corel DESIGNER.
- CGMv4 - MIL-D profile: Files can now be opened in Corel DESIGNER.
- DSF import: Micrografx Designer files that contain multiple spot colors now open correctly in Corel DESIGNER.
- DWG import: Hatch fills are maintained.
- PDF import:
- PDF files that contain CCITT fax compression on images within PDF can now be opened.
- PDF objects are now imported as valid objects.
- SVG export:
- Callouts with halo (page color) are exported without warnings.
- SVG files that contain text are now displayed correctly in Google Chrome.
- Export and SVG round-tripping (importing SVG files exported from Corel DESIGNER X6 and CorelDRAW X6) has been improved.
XVL Studio 3D Corel Edition
- Unicode support added.
- 3DConnexion input devices are now supported in XVL Studio.
- Enhanced cross-section tools to support multiple section planes (e.g. wedges, quarter cuts).
- Cut geometry can be deleted from the model.
- Additional note format settings.
- Added new Markup shapes.
- Improved Trace lines.
- General performance improvements.
XVL Studio 3D CAD Corel Edition [Optional Add-On]
Enhanced Illustration Settings
- Enhanced vector fill function: Can fill all parts, selected parts or specified shells.
- Option added to delete shapes that are smaller than a specified percentage of the image size.
- Option added to remove duplicate lines.
NEW: 3D PDF
- 3D PDF can now be imported into XVL Studio 3D CAD.
- 3D models can be exported to 3D PDF.
- Exported 3D PDF files can include any of the following animations:
- Process animation
- Disassembly animation
- Key frame animation
3D CAD import
- 3D CAD import now supports 3D PMI and views.
- Updated 3D CAD file format support for:
- Autodesk Inventor (*.iam, *.ipt)
- CATIA V5 & V6 (*.CATProduct, *.CATPart)
- Parasolid (*.x_b, *.x_t)
- Solid Edge (*.asm, *.par, *.pwd, *.psm)
- SolidWorks (*.sldasm, *.sldprt)
Process Animation enhancements
- New functions: Auto-create Camera, Order and Path.
- Simple mode for process animation panel.
- Enhanced process animation editing tools.
- Enhanced process alerts.