Corel Painter 12.1 Update
Corel Painter 12.1 Update will update the latest release of Corel Painter 12. The new version includes key fixes plus new and enhanced features.
The following areas of the application have new or enhanced features:
- Brush Management
- Brushstroke Preview
- Color Mixing
- Workspace Management
- Panel Options
For more detailed information about these features, see the "What's New in Corel Painter 12.1 Update" chapter in the online help.
The following issues were addressed in this update:
- Third-party plug-ins are now supported.
- After choosing Smart Stroke Painting and Smart Setting options on the Auto-Painting panel, you no longer have to manually choose the Smart Stroke brush category.
- The cursor is now updated when inside the Mixer panel.
- Blank palettes no longer appear when opening workspaces.
- Navigator content now displays correctly.
- Menus are maintained when creating custom palettes and toggling screen modes.
- Panels remain in their intended location when rearranging.
- Brush icons on custom palettes are maintained when adding additional items.
- Duplicate names are no longer supported when creating new brush categories.
- Feature setting is maintained when switching between the brush and the eraser.
- Scale Feature to Brush Size calculations are now correct.
- Settings in the Clone Source Panel are maintained between PC and Mac.
- Crosshairs are now displayed when performing offset cloning.
- Empty groups are now removed when converting a color profile with the Flatten checkbox enabled.
- The Preview pane in the Open dialog box can now be toggled off.
- The Layer mask now works with the new digital airbrushes.
- PNGs set as custom icons for brush categories or variants now maintain their transparency.
- Extra brush category folders are no longer created when switching libraries.
- The cursor color changes when a color is selected in Preferences.
- Preferences now reflect the actual state of the interface after restoring the default palette arrangement.
- The cursor no longer disappears after adjusting the Kaleidoscope segment number slider.
- A tooltip was added to the Reset Eyedropper Button on the Property Bar.
- The Rubber Stamp Tool now performs offset sampling correctly.
- Various instabilities in areas such as layers, brushes, cloning, and movies were addressed on both PC and Mac.
After installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace to the factory default settings by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
|Version Number of Initial Release||
Version Number with Hot Fix 1 (Mac Only)
|Version Number with Service Pack 1||Version Number with Hot Fix 2 (Mac Only)||Version Number with 12.1 Update|
|EN: 18.104.22.1683||EN, JP: 22.214.171.1247||
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR: 126.96.36.1990
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 188.8.131.523