Corel Painter 12.2 Update
Corel Painter 12.2 Update will update the latest release of Corel Painter 12. The new version includes key fixes plus new and enhanced features.
The new version includes key fixes plus new and enhanced features were added to the following areas of the application:
- Flow Maps
- Vertical Docking
- Enhanced Multi-Touch Support for Wacom Intuos 5
This update also introduces support for Corel Cinco for Painter, a downloadable companion app which lets you quickly access Painter tools, commands and media using a Wi-Fi connection and your iPad. Corel Cinco for Painter is sold separately and is exclusively available through iTunes.
For more detailed information about these features, see the "What's New in Corel Painter 12.2 Update" chapter in the online help.
*Corel Painter 12.2 is not supported on OSX 10.5.8. Users that wish to keep pace with ongoing updates and new full version of Corel Painter will need to upgrade their operating system to either 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8. The Painter 12.2 update will not install on systems that are running OSX 10.5. Please see the Corel End User License Agreement (EULA) for more information on operating system support. Consider backing up your system before starting an operating system upgrade.
The following issues were addressed in this update:
- You can easily move palettes by grabbing the bottom area of grouped panels.
- Navigator panel settings are now saved between sessions.
- You can now close the media selector bar without the need to change a selection.
- The Brush property bar now displays the correct properties for Plug-in and Hard Grainy Drip brushes.
- Brush artifacts no longer appear after you apply Watercolor and Real Watercolor brushstrokes, undo all brushstrokes, and start painting again.
- Application performance is improved when you work with large documents that have a clone source and Digital Watercolor layers.
- The Invert button reverses the effect of an Expression setting only for the active brush variant and does not affect subsequent variants.
- If you use a Wacom mouse and stylus, brush size is maintained when you switch to another application and then return to Corel Painter.
- Textures in a cloned image are maintained when you save the file.
- Random strokes no longer appear in the Mixer pad after you use shortcut keys.
- Color management menu now properly reflects assigned to the document color profile.
- The Navigator no longer appears transparent after you choose the Adobe Color Management Module.
- The Lock layer button in the Layers panel is no longer disabled after you use the Eraser tool on a layer.
- A layer mask is no longer assigned to the incorrect layer when you undo deleting a layer.
- The document returns to its original state after you undo moving a layer (Windows only).
- When you type text, the correct text layer is selected in the Layers panel.
- When the canvas is selected, pressing CMD/CTRL+SHIFT+1 now selects all layers.
- On Mac, you can now import libraries that were exported from the application on Windows.
- The shortcut combination Option + Command + Character now works correctly on Mac OS 10.6.
- Color separations now print as expected.
- After you cancel a transformation, you can now switch between open documents.
- The Reset tool button on the property bar now restores the default settings of the active tool as expected.
- You can now change the Eraser opacity by using shortcut keys.
- Various instabilities in areas such as layers, brushes, cloning, and movies were addressed on both Windows and Mac.
If you experience any issues after installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace to the factory default settings by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
|Version Number of Initial Release||
Version Number with Hot Fix 1 (Mac Only)
|Version Number with Service Pack 1||Version Number with Hot Fix 2 (Mac Only)||Version Number with 12.1 Update||Version Number with 12.2 Update|
|EN: 22.214.171.1243||EN, JP: 126.96.36.1997||
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR: 188.8.131.520
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 184.108.40.2063
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 220.127.116.113