Corel Painter 12.2 Update Service Pack 1
Corel Painter 12.2 Update Service Pack 1 will update the latest release of Corel Painter 12. The new version includes key fixes plus new and enhanced features.
Optimizing memory usage (Mac 64-bit)
If you’re running Corel Painter 12 on a Mac 64-bit system, and the system has enough available memory (RAM), Corel Painter can now detect and use the additional memory to improve speed and performance. By default, Corel Painter is set to use 80% of the available memory. However, you can change the amount of memory that is allocated to Corel Painter from the Performance page of the Preferences dialog box. You can also view the amount of memory that is available to the application.
To change the memory allocation settings
- Choose Corel Painter 12 > Preferences > Performance.
- Adjust the Memory usage slider.
The Painter Memory Extender setting allows Corel Painter to access the system’s additional memory. The check box is enabled by default. Disabling the check box makes the additional memory inaccessible to Corel Painter.
Important: You must restart Painter for the performance settings to take effect (View Options excepted).
There have been many improvements to the quality of layers and selections. A broad range of defects have been addressed that include preventing common crashes (across all media types and especially real wet oil), improved stability and accuracy of the UI and the stability and quality of selections.
The following issues were addressed in this update:
- When performing a transformation, the layer that is currently selected in the Layers panel now keeps its focus in the document window.
- When dragging and dropping a layer during a transformation, the correct layer is now selected.
- Pressing Shift and then clicking on layers no longer selects all layers (Windows).
- The layer composite method no longer switches to Gel when using the Eraser tool.
- You can now easily move layers within a layer group.
- The UI now refreshes when pasting grouped layers.
- UI items are no longer cut off and it's now easier to distinguish between enabled and disabled UI controls (Windows 8).
- When using a tablet, palettes now remain docked when expanding or contracting tabs.
- When using the Rubber Stamp tool and then exiting the application, the default brush is no longer set to the Cloner brush.
- When using the Rubber Stamp tool for the first time, the source reference point no longer jumps to bottom of the page.
- You can now set more than one OS Function Key for Painter shortcuts (Mac).
- Various instabilities in areas such as layers, brushes, cloning, and movies were addressed on both Windows and Mac.
If you experience any issues after installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace to the factory default settings by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
*Corel Painter 12.2 is not supported on OSX 10.5.8. Users that wish to keep pace with ongoing updates and new full version of Corel Painter will need to upgrade their operating system to either 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8. The Painter 12.2 update will not install on systems that are running OSX 10.5. Please see the Corel End User License Agreement (EULA) for more information on operating system support. Consider backing up your system before starting an operating system upgrade.
|Version Number of Initial Release||
Version Number with Hot Fix 1 (Mac Only)
|Version Number with Service Pack 1||Version Number with Hot Fix 2 (Mac Only)||Version Number with 12.1 Update||Version Number with 12.2 Update||Version Number with 12.2 Update Service Pack 1|
|EN: 188.8.131.523||EN, JP: 184.108.40.2067||
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR: 220.127.116.110
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 18.104.22.1683
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 22.214.171.1243
EN, JP, CS, CT, KR, DE, FR, IT: 126.96.36.1992